Subject: Re: gcc3-ada for NetBSD/i386, 2.0
To: Phil Nelson <phil@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/01/2005 20:11:05
On Tuesday 01 February 2005 09:11, Phil Nelson wrote:
> Hi,
>    I don't see a gcc3-ada package for NetBSD/2.0 for the i386 on the ftp
> site. Is there some reason that a binary package is not built for this?
>
>    I'd like to get it running on my systems, but without a binary packagae,
> its it almost impossible to get it built.   Does anyone have such a binary
> package?
>
>   --Phil

You may want try using a NetBSD-1.6 package as a bootstrap to a more current
version.

husky: {5} bin/gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.0 20040107 (experimental)

husky: {6} file bin/gcc
bin/gcc: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for NetBSD
1.6ZG, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

husky: {7} ldd bin/gcc
bin/gcc:
        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12

cheerio Berndt
--
Name : Berndt Josef Wulf  | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail : wulf at ping dot net dot au |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes