Subject: Re: pkgselect
To: iMil <imil@home.imil.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/28/2005 21:05:36
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, iMil wrote:
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@gcu.info:/cvs co pkgselect

More nits:

  * It would be nice if one could select a different location of pkgsrc
    than /usr/pkgsrc, a command line switch or so may be in order
  * I like the idea of showing the current directory in the upper right
    corner
  * When running any external commands (for install, deinstall, etc.)
    please wait at the end, and ask the user to press return or so.
  * Some way to show dependencies would be nice, e.g. when an installed
    package is shown, getting a list of pkgs that require this pkg would be
    nice (so I know what I have to delete first :)
  * When confirming de-install of a package, don't only offer "yes/no", but
    add a "recursive" option to run "pkg_delete -r" => "Y/n/r"
  * When showing information about a certain pkg, please show the
    corresponding pkgsrc dir in the upper right corner, too
  * Installation of binary pkg could pick some default, like the
    bin-install target does

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)