Subject: pullups into 2004Q4?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/27/2005 03:41:36
   I'm not sure how the branching works for pkgsrc.  Is there any
particular expectation as to how/when the branches are to
be used, vs. when the mainline is to be used?  If I have a
stable machine, running 2.0.1, what pkgsrc should I be tracking?

   Related to this, I see a patch went in for bind9, assumedly
for the denial of service vulnerability recently announced.  But,
it's not in the 2004Q4 branch.  If this is normal, then it leads to
the above question.  Do things like this (security fixes) get pulled
up to the branches?

   Thanks...

                                 - Chris