Subject: Re: HEADS UP: Alternatives system added
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/25/2005 15:41:38
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> as we have been discussing during the last days, I've added the alternatives
> framework to pkgsrc and converted nvi and vim* to use it.

Can you please document this in the pkgsrc guide (pkgsrc/doc/guide)? I
think a seperate chapter "Using the alternatives system" between "4. Using
pkgsrc" and "5. Creating binary packages" would probably be the best
thing. (Please don't dump it into the FAQ section if possible).

Editing guidelines for hte pkgsrc guide can be found at
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/editing.html.
If you need help, let me know.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)