Subject: Re: Am I missing something for using CONF_FILES?
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/22/2005 22:52:29
Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> At various points in the package Makefile, there's the following bits:
>
> ASTETCDIR?=${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}/asterisk
> ASTEXAMPLEDIR?=${PREFIX}/share/examples/asterisk

You can just set PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR=asterisk and then just refer to
${PKG_SYSCONFDIR} which will hold the value of /usr/pkg/etc/asterisk

This _may_ be your issue. It's a bit hard to say.  After you finish an
install does /usr/pkg/etc/asterisk exist ?

Also, have you set USE_PKGINSTALL=YES ?

> CONF_FILES=             # empty
>
> CONF_FILES+=    ${ASTEXAMPLEDIR}/adsi.conf ${ASTETCDIR}/adsi.conf

Well that looks ok, I dont know why you did the "CONF_FILES= # empty"
line you can just go straight into it with a:

CONF_FILES+=    ${ASTEXAMPLEDIR}/adsi.conf ${ASTETCDIR}/adsi.conf

> Is there some other step I'm missing, here?  A look at a few other
> package Makefiles leads me to think I'm doing it right, but since it's
> not working...  anyone know what's up?

Have at security/honeyd and net/freeradius for how to deal with subdirs
under ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}. Give that a go using the PKG_SYSCONFSUBDIR
directive and see if it changes anything.

> Thanks,
> +j

HTH,

adrian.