Subject: Re: anyone built perl-5.8.6nb1 successfully on NetBSD/alpha?
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <othyro@freeshell.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/16/2005 09:28:46
On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 02:13:01PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Saturday, January 8, 2005 at 16:59:16 (-0500), othyro@freeshell.org wrote: ]
> > Has anyone successfully build perl-5.8.6nb1 on NetBSD/alpha 1.6.2
>
> Yes, well, er, I've just now successfully built perl-5.8.5nb7 (from the
> pkgsrc-2004Q4 branch) on my 1.6.2_STABLE machine.  My build finishes
> without error and displays the final message:

Happy to report the building of perl-5.8.6nb1 and friends was done a few days ago and nothing broke that already wasn't ;) The few new breaks were due to openssl, I think.

> > Upgrading is imminent, yet
> > scary...
>
> Hmmm..... yes, especially given the way pkgsrc manages, or rather fails
> to manage, simultaneous intalls of different perl versions.  ;-)

There's always pkgviews ;) Guess I'm not as quick to criticize this system, given the vast improvements in the short time I've been poking around with it and believe it to be the best open pkg-mgmt system available.

!tr