Subject: Re: Imlib2 upgrade broken (no lround function)
To: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/13/2005 15:42:38
On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 13:52 +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:
> Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 13:01 +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:
> >
> >>I must have missed it when I checked CVS. It looks like it's in -current
> >>but not in 2.0. What's the pkgsrc solution for systems and / or versions
> >>of systems that are missing a function like this? Is that waht the
> >>nbcompat stuff is for?
> >

> > No.  imlib2's configure script should be patched to check for the lround
> > function during the configuration phase and, if not found, workaround
> > its lack in another way by using #ifdef constructions in the source
> > code.
> >

> I'll bring this up on the relevant Enlightenment mailing list. I don't
> think I'll be able to patch this myself, as every time I try to do
> anything non-trivial with autoconf I end up wanting to scream with
> frustration.

If the current configure script is already using the AC_CHECK_FUNCS
macro (most of them do), then the change is very straightforward.  All
you have to do is look for the functions listed in it in the configure
script (not configure.{in,ac}), add lround and then add a template for
it in config.h.in.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/