Subject: Re: And speaking of PKGREVISION: Perl version bumping
To: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/12/2005 03:11:37
[ On Monday, January 10, 2005 at 20:18:09 (-0500), Todd Vierling wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: And speaking of PKGREVISION: Perl version bumping
>
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>
> > But I do like having multiple versions of some other "moving target"
> > interpreters installed simulataneously!  :-)
>
> That's more the point of pkgviews.  It's the rpath issues that need to be
> fixed in pkgviews to make them more usable....

Pkgviews doesn't fix this problem for interpreters that programmers also
want to use simultaneously.

Pkgviews doesn't fix this problem for those of us who will never use
pgkviews either of course....

Existing practice with ruby (and partly python) does fix this problem
soundly and for the future and for all.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098  W:+1 416 489-5852 x122  VE3TCP  RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>