Subject: Removing gnome-extras
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/2005 15:34:30
Hi all,

I really doubt anybody is using the gnome-extras meta-package.  So, unless
I hear any objections, I'll be removing it soon.

It initially added with the purpose to install GNOME plus a lot of other
GNOME related packages (and, BTW, it is missing a lot of them).  But
what's the point?  None; it's a very personal choice to decide what to
install.

Some time ago, I thought it could be useful for live cds, but the contents
don't fit a CD properly.  However, it might be of some use for live dvds,
but even there, the same problem arises (very personal choice).

Therefore there is no point in keeping it.

Cheers,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/