Subject: Re: HEADS UP: RCD_SCRIPTS_EXAMPLEDIR changed to share/examples/rc.d
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2004 18:38:51

--0-1632307594-1104536331=:13628

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Robert Elz wrote:

> What I'm looking for is something along the lines of "make packages
> install faster" "increase portability" "make it easier for naïve users
> to install" "stop bothering expert pgcsrc maintainers" "fix a bug
> in binary packages" "make NetBSD look more like linux"  "change just
> to stir things a bit" ...

"make packages faster to install" is something like it; "make packages with
daemons easier to enable for automatic startup without surprising the admin
by starting up unexpectedly" is probably closer.

(Although this should have been inferrable directly from the steps I already
described.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>
--0-1632307594-1104536331=:13628--