Subject: looking for latest pkgrevision bumping scripts
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/28/2004 14:04:45
I am updating tiff. I am looking for the latest pkgrevision bumping
scripts.

The revbump.pl script I have doesn't do buildlink3.mk updates.
This should include doing BUILDLINK_RECOMMENDED.${foo}

And I need the scripts for figuring out what really needs to be bumped.

Part of the problem is the bumps should only be done for the packages that
actually are effected -- not just depending on tiff, but really use a
libtiff library. (I attempted to do this by looking at all the REQUIRES
lines from 4421 packages.)

We should keep these scripts and instructions in mk/scripts/ so we don't
have to hunt or recreate each time it is needed.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/