Subject: Re: adding a platform specific (cygwin) gcc wrapper for -o
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/22/2004 18:54:44
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> What is the correct pkgsrc way to add a platform specific gcc wrapper for
> -o?
>
> In particular, I want all "gcc -o filename" to be changed to "gcc -o
> filename." (with the trailing period) on cygwin.

Do you only want this to happen for executables?  What happens if you do
"gcc -o foo.o foo.c"?

We can definitely create some cygwin-gcc wrapper scripts, and you can
use the existing scripts in pkgsrc/mk/wrapper as a guide to writing
them.  However, this particular transformation you're trying to do looks
potentially hard because we need to figure out when we're linking an
executable versus linking a shared library or compiling an object file.

I'll help out where I can.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>