Subject: Re: ms-ttf: get rid of license and upload restrictions and move font
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/21/2004 16:33:10
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> > I still think it should allow building and installing and uploading to
> > public FTP though. Maybe just restricting on CD and source on CDROM is
> > good enough.

> Wouldn't NO_BIN_ON_CDROM and NO_SRC_ON_CDROM cover this requirement (see
> mk/bsd.pkg/mk)?

That is already in the package Makefile.

I was proposing removing those and also removing the LICENSE and
NO_BIN_ON_FTP.

I now propose just getting rid of the LICENSE (because there is no problem
with building, installing and using the fonts as is) and the NO_BIN_ON_FTP
(because there is no problem with us freely distributing the fonts because
we include the license with them).

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/