Subject: Re: From PR to pkgsrc
To: Ola Eriksson <ola@mreriksson.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/20/2004 09:34:39
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Ola Eriksson wrote:

> Anyway, it seems most people think that pkgsrc-wip is the way to go with new
> packages, and I will give that a try. However, packages that are already in
> pkgsrc, how should those be handled? Still through pr's? Or by creating a new
> entry in wip ?

If it's a minor update (change a couple patches, distinfo, and DISTNAME), a
PR is fine.

If the package needs major rework as part of the update, pkgsrc-wip may be a
better choice (especially if the package is a dependency of many others).

You're still free to use send-pr for new packages, but it may take some
nagging on tech-pkg to get human review time.  8-)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@duh.org> <tv@pobox.com>