Subject: pkg/28344 db4 not found by libtool
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/18/2004 12:15:58
I have the same problem with building subversion-base. I realise that
this PR is closed and that a rebuild of db4 should fix the problem, but
that doesn't mean I don't have questions.

I have noticed that if I build with the following

	cd work/subversion-1.1.1
	vi config.status [Replace LIBTOOL and SVN_LIBTOOL with the NetBSD
libtool]
	./config.status
	gmake

It all builds just fine. Note that I need to bypass both the subversion
libtool and the NetBSD pkg build. This means that NetBSD pkgsrc is
passing in evironment variables (or something similar) that cause
NetBSD's libtool to not find db4.

Does anyone know what's going on? Rebuilding db4 (and all dependent
packages) is inconvenient at best and obviously is not strictly
necessary.

Cheers,
Lloyd