Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/databases/phpmyadmin
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/16/2004 12:15:21
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> recommend (via RECOMMENDED and in MESSAGE) installation of php-mcrypt,
> which speeds up "cookie" authentication method

Using RECOMMENDED by default will actually make it a dependency. Since it
will be installed, no MESSAGE about it is needed (and is redundant).

If someone uses IGNORE_RECOMMENDED, then it is suggested that the package
"should not be uploaded nor otherwise be used as a binary package!"

We had discussed a variable for "suggesting" packages and if a variable is
set, then the suggestions are installed too.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/