Subject: python and python library fix and PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED and new
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/13/2004 11:42:49
It seems like I saw an email in the past few days about a python library
fix for Darwin/Mac OS X platform. I think it was for a missing -lpython or
something like that. Anyways, cvs update and py-Tk still failed to build
due to unknown functions.

(If anyone can point me to email about this fix, please do.)

Maybe some PKGREVISION should have bumped -- at least on Darwin/Mac OS X
-- so it would force reinstall of something that fixes this.

Also, I see that python 2.4 is now in pkgsrc. So I will use it instead.
But I see that PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED didn't list the new python for the
x11/py-Tk. Should all the PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED be fixed -- or should
this be done on a one at a time as tested basis?

Are these type of things appropriate to fix for the freeze? (I think so,
since it should be stable.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/