Subject: Re: X11 app-defaults not loading
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/09/2004 10:02:46
  > I don't really understand the details, but it might be uesful for X11
  > to have the /usr/pkg paths built in (as in 'patch xsrc').  I realize
  > that this goes against the "base system doesn't search /usr/local or
  > /usr/pkg" philosophy.

  the real problem is more like "you can't say for sure where LOCALBASE
  will really be".

I didn't think of that.  Two thoughts:

It might be less gross to always include /usr/pkg than to have the
current behavior; this would fix things for many but not all.

We could have the file /etc/X11/LOCALBASE be created by the
installation of xpkgwedge, and have the x libs read that and search
the appropriate places.