Subject: Re: mng and automake on OS X
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@buildlink.org>
From: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/02/2004 23:26:53
In article <41AF87A9.2060304@buildlink.org> Johnny wrote:
: We should be linking the correct scripts into work/.tools/bin with the
: "right" names, e.g. work/.tools/bin/aclocal -> /usr/pkg/bin/aclocal-1.9.
:   The only reason this isn't way it's currently done is because
: autoconf.mk and automake.mk pre-date the implementation of tools.mk.  I
: believe the nicer way to do this nowadays is to get rid of automake.mk
: and autoconf.mk, make tools.mk do the symlinking I note above, then make
: packages that include auto*.mk to do GNU_TOOLS+= autoconf instead.

  For both automake and autconf there are incompatible versions, and
at least at the time auto{conf,make}.mk were written, some packages
still required the old versions.  Is the tools framework capable of
handling this?

						yours,
						dillo