Subject: Are you using pkgsrc/nmap on Solaris?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Quinn <rquinn@sec.sprint.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/29/2004 16:17:42
  After I upgraded nmap from 3.70 to 3.75 (and now 3.77) it became heinously
slow on my Solaris boxes.  It seems fine on my NetBSD native machines.  If I go
back to my old 3.70 binary package I'm okay.  If I set net/nmap/ back to the
3.70 version and recompile it then I get the same slow behaviour.  It must be
some other package I updated around the same time, but it's not pcre or
libpcap, deleting those and compiling nmap by hand (outside of pkgsrc) doesn't
help.  Anyone else with nmap on Solaris having this problem?