Subject: Re: Threading problems
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2004 06:34:15
On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 20:49:48 +0100 (CET)
jdolecek@NetBSD.org (Jaromir Dolecek) wrote:
> D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > OK, so all I have to do then is add the following line to
> > pkgsrc/databases/postgresql74/Makefile.common to fix this?
> >
> > .include "../../mk/pthread.buildlink3.mk"
> >
> > I will try that and if it fixes the problem I will commit the
> > change.
>
> I hope that would not make libpq compiled and linked against
> libpthread, does it? If it would, that is not correct fix, since that
> would render e.g. php-pgsql unusable in non-threaded context.

Yah, it fixes my problem but moves the problem on to someone else.  Of
course, the answer there is to also add the above line to the PHP build,
right?

The other issue which someone broght up though is other platforms.  I
don't want to add something that only works on NetBSD.  Do we need to
check and only add this on NetBSD?  Perhaps we need a
pthread_maybe.buildlink3.mk file that checks the platform and DTRT.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/