Subject: cross compiling for another NetBSD release
To: NetBSD tech-pkg <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/22/2004 19:08:53
Hi,

I have the following problem, any answer, pointer of RTFM is
appreciated. I have an i386 laptop with NetBSD on it, say version X.
This machine is quite slow, so I'd use another i386 box for nuilding
packages for it, which runs another NetBSD version, say Y.

Now, what is the preferred way to build a handful of packages on
NetBSD-Y-i386, with the target of NetBSD-X-i386, so that the resulting
binaries will surely and reliably run on the targeted machine?

For that matter, in this case X is Release 1.6.2, and Y is 1.6W; but I'd
like a generic solution which doesn't assume those two particular versions.

thx
mortee