Subject: Re: Problem with PostgreSQL support in php4
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross@distal.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/19/2004 16:33:49
Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Chris Ross wrote:
>>   It's 7.4.  It's from 2004Q2's pkgsrc/databases/postgresql74,
>>which is 7.4.2.  Sorry for failing to mention that...
>
> I just tried this simple PHP script:
>
> <?php
> pg_connect("dbname=template1 user=pgsql");
> $q = pg_query("INSERT INTO foo VALUES (3)");
> echo pg_affected_rows($q) . "\n";
> ?>
>
> It worked just fine and printed 1. I have php 4.3.9 and
> postgresql74-client-7.4.6 installed.
>
> Can you please try to update postgresql74-client to newer version,
> recompile and update your php-pgsql and report if that fixes your
> problem?

   Hmm.  Yeah, I guess I can.  I'd been trying to track
a more static part of pkgsrc, but I can update to those and
see if they work.

   Any idea why the php 4.3.6 w/ postgresql 7.4.2 doesn't
work this same way?

   I'll get back to you after these rebuilds and tests,
but it'll likely take a few days to schedule.

                            - Chris