Subject: gnustep-ssl doesn't compile
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <yblock@cox.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2004 23:35:45
Hi all,

I hope this is the right list to ask. I am having a hard time compiling gnustep on netbsd. The gnustep-ssl package gives me the following error. Could anybody give me hint on how to fix this. BTW, I am running NetBSD 1.6.2.

Thanks in advance,

York P. Block

You do not have an up-to-date libobjc library installed
GNUstep requires ffcall or libffi and proper libobjc hooks to do
invocations and DO.
(This does not apply on apple-apple-apple systems where DO is
not compatible with other GNUstep systems.)

You most likely do not want to build base without DO support. Many
things, including all applications, won't work at all without DO.
If you really want to build -base without DO support, add --disable-do
to the configure arguments.
For more information, read the GNUstep build guide, ffcall section:
http://documents.made-it.com/GNUstep/buildguide.html#FOREIGN.FUNCTION.INTERFACES
configure: error: Incomplete support for ffi functionality.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/security/gnustep-ssl