Subject: Re: pkgsrc bootstrap on DragonFlyBSD
To: None <drhodus@machdep.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2004 14:08:12
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, David Rhodus wrote:

> > Here is a patch to upgrade the pkgtools directory and should make the
> > bootstrap process complete for building pkgsrc on DragonFly.
> >
> > http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~drhodus/pkgtools.patch
>
> Just wondering what the status was on having this change committed ?

Probably just waiting for it to be tested on various platforms first.

Where did you get this config.guess and config.sub? (Or what version of
the autoconf tools did you generate it with?)

Maybe it would be easier and quicker for us just to add the "DragonFly"
specific changes. Although I do understand that moving to newer
config.guess and config.sub can help with other operating systems and
hardware too.

If you don't receive feedback from the tech-pkg list, it might mean
that the maintainer for those specific packages are not listening or
unavailable. You could share your suggestions directly to the MAINTAINERs
for the packages too.

Also, you can use send-pr (or the NetBSD web-based interface) to file a PR
to get this looked at. Then it will having tracking versus getting lost in
the tech-pkg list.

(For your information, we have a team that tries to assign pkgsrc PRs
quickly. Each week, we have a different pkgsrc developer look at each PR
daily and either resolve it or find someone to assign it too.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/