Subject: Re: pkgsrc trouble list for solaris
To: Robert Lillack <lillack@mis.mpg.de>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/05/2004 11:14:20
* On 2004-11-04 at 21:34 GMT, Robert Lillack wrote:

> I assured some weeks ago, that i'll put together a list of packages
> which can not be built out-of-the-box on pkgsrc/Solaris.  Time did
> not permit to do it earlier and I'm sorry for that.  Last weekend I
> took the time to rebuild nearly everything and I must say I really
> was impressed, pkgsrc nowadays feels MUCH smoother than those days I
> started using it on Solaris. There were only very few packages left
> which did not build out-of-the- box. (And even this may have to do
> with my natural idiocy -- so please excuse any mistakes)

That's great to hear, a few of us are working quite hard to get as
many packages built on Solaris as possible, and it's nice to hear
people having success with it.

You may be interested in subscribing to the pkgsrc-bulk mailing list,
which has output of bulk builds a bunch of us do on various systems.
I personally run 3 Solaris builds (gcc3, sunpro, and sunpro 64bit)
almost constantly, and there are plenty of easy fixes for people to
submit patches for.  My current focus personally is on getting the
sunpro builds to get as far as possible, as many of the fixes can also
help other "exotic" systems with non-gcc compilers.  The latest build
for that can be found at:

 ftp://ftp0.mh.bbc.co.uk/pub/pkgsrc/pkgstat/20041026.0055/broken.html

There are some obvious fixes with the above build (x11-links for
example didn't compile because of PKG_DEVELOPER=YES in my environment,
knocking out probably a good thousand packages or so) which are being
fixed with the current build, but any fixes for real issues people can
work on, especially in the packages with the most dependancies, would
be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/