Subject: Re: iconv and Linux and abiword
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Lars Nordlund <lars.nordlund@hem.utfors.se>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/04/2004 01:35:11
Mon 2004-11-01 klockan 07:41 -0800 skrev Jeremy C. Reed:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Leonard Schmidt wrote:
>
> > I updated Abiword today and noticed that LANG=de_DE doesn't work
> > anymore (I have no 'File/Edit' menus, also, the dropdown menu
> > contains no entries). Going back to revision 1.3 of
> > Makefile.common fixes it for me (which has the libiconv
> > dependency check). Kind of annoying..
>
> What operating system platform? Maybe your OPSYS still needs
> USE_BUILTIN.iconv=no?

I just tried this to see if I could get the Swedish character set to
work properly in evolution, and my gosh, it works like a charm!

So I suppose the NetBSD iconv is slightly lacking? Or perhaps not? I am
not sure because gaim had similar problems a while ago and that was
fixed in the application a minor relaease or two from 1.0.0. I tried to
compare FreeBSD and NetBSD to see if there were some fix missing in the
NetBSD tree, but the implementations were totally different so it was a
no-go.

Best regards
	Lars Nordlund