Subject: Re: quanta cant find dictionary
To: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/26/2004 02:22:04
On Tuesday 19 October 2004 11:29, Mark Kirby wrote:
> The default is aspell which i have never got to work (Should kde libs
> depend on ispell instead?). However i installed ispell and the relevant
> dictionary and it works in kate kwrite etc. But quanta complains that
> ispell is not in the path and it cant be started, it reports this even if
> aspell or hspell are set. I've made sure quanta is set up to use ispell so
> its not that. Any ideas anyone?

I've had a look at this.  Firstly the "ispell is not in the path and it cant
be started" should probably read "[iah]spell is not in ...".  That is to say
it prints that message whichever program kspell has tried to use.

It looks like it tries to invoke ispell with a "-H" argument (for HTML) and
our ispell doesn't support it so throws back a usage message.  I'll think
about how to fix it.

As to aspell not working for you, do you have any of the aspell dictionary
packages installed along with the aspell package?  You probably want at least
aspell-english otherwise aspell complains about having no dictionaries.

cheers
mark