Subject: Re: i386--netbsdelf-gcc: can't create executables
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/17/2004 14:00:17
On Sunday 17 October 2004 12:50, grant beattie wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 12:49:31PM +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
>
> > > do you have CC set in your environment? I don't know of any other way
> > > that the NetBSD tools version of gcc would be being used by pkgsrc.
> >
> > No, CC isn't set as an environment variable. The config.log shows the
> > following optional arguments:
>
> what about in mk.conf?
>
> and what does "make show-vars VARNAMES=CC" return?
>
> grant.

There is nothing in mk.conf that would suggest otherwise.

Find below output for the suggested test:

husky: {20} make show-vars VARNAMES=CC
gcc

I noticed that the configurgure argument --host=i386--netbsdelf was added by
pkgsrc tools suggesting that it may result from that as I can run ./configure
without it manually and don't get this error.

cheerio Berndt