Subject: Re: pkg/27162: pkgsrc creates an inadequate /etc/shells if it doesn't already exist.
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/08/2004 15:09:08
* On 2004-10-08 at 15:01 BST, Gavan Fantom wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>
> > Make it part of the bootstrap process to generate a /etc/shells
> > using one of the techniques you described above.  This hides away
> > the complexity in a single step and avoids needing all this extra
> > knowledge in pkgsrc.
>
> Nice idea. Does that work for users installing pre-built binary
> bootstrap kits, and using only binary packages, though?

Remember also to take care of the --ignore-user-check case (shells
should do this too, but best done when we have a pkgsrc-wide
PKGSRC_NONROOT or something to do it properly).

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/