Subject: abiword won't print properly?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/06/2004 16:09:29
Hi all,

I have 1.6.2 on i386.
Abiword compiled from source and mostly works ok. But,

Abiword won't print properly.

When I come to print a document from abiword I get a terrible
result of some strange looking font and the letters frequently
on top of one onother. But not all of them. The print out basically
is horrible and doesn't work properly.

If I print a seperate postscript file with ghostview the print out is ok.
If I print a text file using enscript it's ok.
So I think my print setup is working ok.

It just seems that abiword can't print it's finely prepared documents.

I even printed from abiword to a ps file and looked at it with
ghostview and it looked mostly ok but again when printed it
was rubbish.

Can anyone shed light on why this might be please?

cheers,
Paul.

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology