Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 2.0_BETA/i386 bulk build results 2004-09-29
To: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
From: Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/30/2004 13:19:21
Sender: tech-pkg-owner@NetBSD.org

Well, I think I have a fix for one of these packages.  I have been a
long-term user of x11/xview, and the fact that it was not building has
driven me nuts for months now.  Worse, it interfered with my tracking
2.0 and -current for some time.  A few weeks ago, I managed to take
some time and find what was broken on top of the imake templates which
the new gcc/cpp did not like, and I have done several builds using
these changes on 1.6.2, 2.0 and -current, and am running these on all
my machines.  But before I submit a PR, I would like folks to take a
look at what I have, make any comments, and possibly try them on non
NetBSD/i386 machines.  To save some space on the lists, instead of
attaching them to this message, I have put them up on the web.  You
can find a compressed pax archive of all the x11/xview* directories,
as well as the diffs in -u and -c format in the following directory:

    http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com/netbsd/pkgsrc-fixes/xview

As I said, please take a look at these, give them a try and give me
any feedback you have.

Thanks!

- Doug

--
Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://cinnion.ka8zrt.com