Subject: Re: audio/libmikmod AMD64 issue.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/21/2004 10:45:04
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:06:22PM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> It seems that libmikmod in pkgsrc is stuck at 1.2.10, but there's a
> 1.2.11a (patch to 1.2.11).  The recent patch, from June 3:
>
>  [...]
>  * libmikmod playback now works correcly on amd64 (type size problem)
>  [...]
>
> (See the package web page.)
>

> This affects, e.g., XMMS, which crashes for me on the AMD64, I think.
> XMMS gets segfaults some ways into playing an MP3 file.  XMMS seems to
> use libmikmod for MP3 files.

I don't think it does; it is for mod (tracker) files, and the web
page claims:
* Support for the following modules formats:
669 (Composer 669, Unis 669), AMF (DSMI Advanced Module Format),
AMF (ASYLUM Music Format V1.0), APUN (APlayer), DSM (DSIK internal
format), FAR (Farandole Composer), GDM (General DigiMusic), IT
(Impulse Tracker), IMF (Imago Orpheus), MOD (15 and 31 instruments),
MED (OctaMED), MTM (MultiTracker Module editor), OKT (Amiga
Oktalyzer), S3M (Scream Tracker 3), STM (Scream Tracker), STX
(Scream Tracker Music Interface Kit), ULT (UltraTracker), UNI
(MikMod), XM (FastTracker 2)

> Is this something that will get fixed during the freeze, or is it below
> the threshhold of severity for bugs that can be fixed during the freeze?

The freeze is over.

I updated the libmikmod package.

Cheers,
 Thomas