Subject: Re: enabling $AWK, $SED, etc. with buildlink3?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.sep.vier@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/18/2004 10:03:12
Georg Schwarz wrote:
> When setting USE_GNU_TOOLS+= awk, sed, etc. the path to the respective
> GNU tool is linked as awk, sed, etc., in the buildlink3 bin directory,
> which is prepended to the shell path during package building.
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to do the same thing for ${RM}, ${MKDIR},
> ${SED}, ${AWK}, etc. (if not overridden by USE_GNU_TOOLS)?

This would help pkgsrc on Unixware as well. mkdir(1) on this OS is
(IMHO) braindead as 'mkdir -p a/b/c/d' works every time but returns an
exit code of 2 if either a, b, c or d did exist beforehand. In the case
of bootstrap I provide a shell script bootstrap/files/mkdir-sh to work
around this.

I don't know whether the behaviour of mkdir(1) has been fixed in
versions later than Unixware 7.1.1.

ciao
     Klaus