Subject: Re: options for modules for apache2
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2004 20:10:38
* Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net> [0904 20:04]:
> I am looking at fixing PR pkg/26824. It is any easy fix. Add one line to
> Makefile so mod_deflate will be built into the httpd binary.
>
> I think we should use a mk/bsd.options.mk style APACHE_OPTIONS for deflate
> and suexec (like used in www/apache/Makefile for perf-tuning and suexec).
>
> Or do you all thing that mod_deflate should always be installed. (There is
> a PR, so I assume this one line addition could be done during the freeze.)
>
> By the way, Apache HTTPD 2 source includes various modules we do not
> enable such as: mod_auth_basic, mod_authn_default, mod_authn_file,
> mod_authnz_*, mod_cache, mod_cgid, mod_charset_lite, mod_dav_lock,
> mod_deflate, mod_disk_cache, mod_echo, mod_example, mod_file_cache,
> mod_filter, mod_ident, mod_isapi, mod_ldap, mod_logio, mod_mem_cache,

FYI, mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap are controlled by the APR_USE_OPENLDAP
knob - I'd have liked to make a separate package but mod_ldap needed support
in apr itself. Are there other Apache libs this braindead^W^W designed like this?

--
Happiness, n.:
	An agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of