Subject: options for modules for apache2
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/15/2004 12:04:10
I am looking at fixing PR pkg/26824. It is any easy fix. Add one line to
Makefile so mod_deflate will be built into the httpd binary.

I think we should use a mk/bsd.options.mk style APACHE_OPTIONS for deflate
and suexec (like used in www/apache/Makefile for perf-tuning and suexec).

Or do you all thing that mod_deflate should always be installed. (There is
a PR, so I assume this one line addition could be done during the freeze.)

By the way, Apache HTTPD 2 source includes various modules we do not
enable such as: mod_auth_basic, mod_authn_default, mod_authn_file,
mod_authnz_*, mod_cache, mod_cgid, mod_charset_lite, mod_dav_lock,
mod_deflate, mod_disk_cache, mod_echo, mod_example, mod_file_cache,
mod_filter, mod_ident, mod_isapi, mod_ldap, mod_logio, mod_mem_cache,
mod_nw_ssl, mod_proxy_ajp, mod_proxy_balancer, and mod_version. None of
those are included by default. And none are included in our pkgsrc
package.

mod_suexec is also not included  by default, unless pkgsrc's APACHE_SUEXEC
is defined as YES.

This is why I think we need to have an APACHE_OPTIONS created to define
suexec, deflate, others.

Anyone have any thoughts to share about this?

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/