Subject: Re: pkgsrc NetBSD 1.6.2/i386 bulk build results 2004-09-11
To: None <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/11/2004 20:53:43
> > If this is indeed the problem, would it not be better to mark the
> > associated packages with the appropriate GCC_REQD variable setting?=

> I am not sure how we easily could. What if qt3-libs was previously
> installed?

Hm, yes, that would be a problem.

The flip answer would be "force a recompile, and add GCC_REQD to
qt3-libs as well", but I realize that would have it's own set of
problems.

> We don't have any easy mechanism for saying this qt3-libs was for gcc=
 2
> and this one is for gcc 3 other than qt3-libs may or may not have a
> dependency on a gcc3-c++ package (but only if that is used because if=

> using native gcc3 there is nothing recorded).

Right.  And this keeps a number of packages from not building, at
least in my attempts to build packages for NetBSD/alpha 1.6.2...

Regards,

- H=E5vard