Subject: Re: /usr/pkg/XFree86 ??
To: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
From: Krzysztof Kotlenga <pocek@post.pl>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/09/2004 08:53:38
Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu> wrote:
> I can't imagine a reason to build XFree86 packages against another
> X11BASE.

The reason is that /usr/X11R6 is a natural place where X Window System
is installed. Another way, when you want to compile some X application,
you must change its CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS etc. because they point to
/usr/X11R6, not /usr/pkg/X11R6 or /usr/pkg/XFree86...

BTW, I can't imagine a reason to install X.org and XFree86 implementations
at the same time. But it could be a nice feature for some people.

--
   What color is a chameleon on a mirror?