Subject: Re: AIX 5.1 / pkgsrc
To: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
From: Laurent DAVERIO <daverio@cri.ensmp.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/02/2004 09:31:27
--------------enigAE6160C335439754999F84E3

Hi Johnny,

> pkgsrc should automatically be installing and using its own versions
> of these programs when needed.  I'll take a look this weekend and see
> why this doesn't seem to be working on AIX.

Another ugly hack I've used in order to be able to start :

cd /usr/pkg/pkgdb
cp -r gmake-3.80nb3 gcc-2.95.3

Now, pkgsrc more or less believes that gcc-2.95 is installed, and stops
asking for it.

Here are the results up to now :

Successfully installed : digest, gmake, patch, libtool, libiconv, top,
gettext-lib, gettext-m4, audit-packages, glib, libmm, expat, cronolog,
less, sudo

Failed : gettext, gcc, gcc3, mc, apache, apache2, db4, perl, subversion

The causes of failure are varied : missing g++, missing libm, relocation
errors, perl incompatible with gcc, etc.

I'll keep on trying. My main objective is to get Apache up and running...

Cheers,

Laurent.

--

     Laurent DAVERIO