Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mail/postfix
To: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/11/2004 16:05:09
On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 10:45:55AM -0400, Amitai Schlair wrote:
> Johnny C. Lam wrote:
>
> >This patch can only apply cleanly if "inet6" is a build option.  Move it
> >to a file that's applied at post-patch time only if "inet6" is specified.
> >This fixes building postfix on systems that don't support IPv6.
>
> Whoops. My commit was a bit hasty; thanks for cleaning up after me.
>
> From inspection, the latest postfix-current appears to not need this. I
> haven't looked at the changes carefully, but maybe there's a way we can
> "pull up" a diff to the postfix package so that we're doing it the way
> it'll be done in the next release.

postfix-current doesn't need this yet because there is no IPv6+TLS
patch for that snapshot release of Postfix.  However, it should be
needed in the future.  I think it's worthwhile to forward the patches
relevant to the main Postfix sources to Wietse Venema for any future
releases.  I'm happy to do this, since I'm heavily invested in a solid
Postfix package; however, there are a few things could you clarify
for me:

  (1) Could you tell me why exactly <resolv.h> needs <nameser8_compat.h>
      on MacOS X?  What symbols are needed within <nameser8_compat.h>
      that are used within <resolv.h>?

  (2) Is there an <arpa/nameser8_compat.h> on MacOS X that should be
      included instead of <nameser8_compat.h>?  MacOS X attempts to
      look BSDish, but <nameser8_compat.h> seems out of place.

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>