Subject: Re: Re: Drop Shadow Effect for GTK2
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/02/2004 17:39:15
On Mon, Aug 02 2004 - 16:44, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> > Find attached a patch that enables drop shadow on GTK2 menu.
>
> I think it's better to send this patch directly to the gtk+ maintainers.

that's what I usually do when I do patches or propose upgrade, but here,
in the Makefile, the MAINTAINER is tech-pkg@NetBSD.org

I don't know where to send then... Shall such patches be send to an email
address based on the CVS login then ?

> NetBSD's pkgsrc is a facility to help installing 3rd party software
> easily, not a tool to support merging of random changes which differ from
> the original software provided by 3rd parties. Each patch that we keep in
> pkgsrc costs maintenance effort and manpower which we don't have (look at
> the PR backlog!).

I see. So such patches should only be downloadable (on an external site) by
however wants to merge it on it's pkgsrc ?
What would be the right ML to submit such "here's a patch for XXX" then
? netbsd-users ?