Subject: OWN_DIRS and PKG_CONFIG
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.jul.vier@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/31/2004 21:00:52
Hi,

some time ago I switched to using OWN_DIRS in mail/spamassassin to create
some directories under /usr/pkg/share/. But it seems I cannot I rely on
their existence because PKG_CONFIG=no turns off the creation of those
directories. As a consequence install targets in the package Makefile
as well as the PLIST are not correct.

Is this really the intended behaviour of PKG_CONFIG? If yes, then
OWN_DIRS is not really useful to me and I will have to create the
directories in the package Makefile again. In this case I wonder when
OWN_DIRS/MAKE_DIRS should be used at all.

Or did I misunderstand the purpose of OWN_DIRS completely?

ciao
     Klaus