Subject: Re: pkgsrc IRIX 6.5/n32 bulk build results 2004-07-20
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/24/2004 00:51:28
> > net/gethost                        reed@reedmedia.net

It should probably be indicated that this package does not build on
platforms without IPv6 support because it needs to know about AF_INET6.
(this is not the answer to the problem mentioned, of course)

> > time/gnutime                       reed@reedmedia.net
>
> http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~jschauma/netbsd/bulk/IRIX/6.5/n32/20040720.1644/time/gnutime/.broken.jever-branch
> indicates the problems may be in your /usr/include/sys/types.h which may
> have caused why the quit_signal and interrupt_signal were not defined
> correctly. (If I am reading that correctly.)

on IRIX 5.3 it only generates a warning:

===> Building for gnutime-1.7
cc -c -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_WAIT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -Dpid_t=int -Dsize_t=unsigned -DRETSIGTYPE=void -DHAVE_TIMEVAL=1 -DHAVE_VPRINTF=1 -DHAVE_WAIT3=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1 -DHAVE_GETPAGESIZE=1  -I. -I.   -O2 -Xcpluscomm time.c
cfe: Warning 753: /usr/include/sys/types.h, line 110: declaration must at least declare an identifier, tag, or the member of an enumeration
 typedef long           int ;
 ^
cfe: Warning 753: /usr/include/sys/types.h, line 150: declaration must at least declare an identifier, tag, or the member of an enumeration
 typedef unsigned int unsigned ;
 ^
cfe: Warning 645: /usr/include/sys/types.h, line 150: Duplicate 'unsigned'
 typedef unsigned int unsigned ;
 ---------------------^

/usr/include/sys/types.h has the following line:

typedef long            pid_t;          /* proc & grp IDs  */

however, time.c has:

pid_t pid;                    /* Pid of child.  */

to work around this configure problem one can setenv
ac_cv_type_pid_t="yes" during configure.

also, it appears that the configure script used has some problems, similar
to the ones described here:
http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2000/msg02582.html

To work around them, one can setenv ac_cv_type_size_t="yes"
as CONFIGURE_ENV.

These are just workarounds, however. It would need further investigation
why the cofigure script fails.

.include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"
.if ${OPSYS} == IRIX
CONFIGURE_ENV+=        ac_cv_type_pid_t="yes"
CONFIGURE_ENV+=        ac_cv_type_size_t="yes"
.endif

maybe something like this might be included.

> > x11/xextensions                    reed@reedmedia.net
>
> => Checksum mismatch for xextensions-1.0.1.tar.bz2.

works fine here.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 geos@epost.de     +49 177 8811442