Subject: Re: firefox-gtk not finding extensions files for install
To: grant beattie <grant@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/22/2004 17:51:19
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, grant beattie wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 09:55:37AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> > This is under Linux using LOCALBASE as /usr. firefox-gtk2 appeared to
> > build fine, but the install failed:
>
> I had exactly the same problem, I haven't checked the build log yet,
> but I suspect either those files are not built because they failed, or
> just not built on Linux...

They were there. Sorry about my email was too hard to follow :)

I think the "cp -r" copying symlinks behaved differently.

NetBSD's cp -r (which is said by man page to not be used) creates copies
targets of symlinks.

coreutil's cp -r copies symlinks as symlinks, so then the level

The -L option behaves correctly (like"cp -rL") for coreutils. (Not tested
with firefox-gtk2 itself yet though. This would be in the firefox-gtk2
pre-install target.

Is -L portable?

(And why does NetBSD not fully document -r?)

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/