Subject: Re: aix libtool
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh+tech-pkg@nimenees.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/21/2004 11:02:29
On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 03:10:51PM +0200, noud.de.brouwer wrote:
> could i have a copy too..
>
> >> to resolve that, so far I'm always hacking the Makefile and add the lib
>
> >                shit.  that means they haven't released the newer version
> of libtool
> >yet.  It sure is taking long enough.  I've got a libtool package sitting
> >around someone that works.  I'll see if I can find it and send it to you.
> >There _is_ support in the very latest libtool for AIX style .a libraries,
> >but it got kind of screwed up because of the gnu break-in a while ago,
> >so they reverted the published libtool to an earlier version.

	well, I guess they _did_ release the newer version of libtool, so I'm not
sure what the deal is.  I put the libtool package that I was using at
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/aix/usr_local_pkgs/libtool-base-1.5.tgz
Be aware that it's built to install into /usr/local instead of /usr/pkg,
so you'll need to be careful installing it.  (or just extract it by hand)

I remember having to hack on the libtool script a bit, but I don't know
exactly what I did.  I don't guarantee this tar file to do anything other
than take up space, but hopefully it'll help.

eric