Subject: lang/python20 (or db?) problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georg Schwarz <geos@epost.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/20/2004 00:06:27
Trying to bmake lang/python20 on IRIX 5.3 I came across the following
issues:

db.h nor db_185.h (both installed in ${LOCALBASE}/include/db) were
found.
Adding .include "../../databases/db/buildlink3.mk" did not help (is it
necessary to do this unconditionally, or should this only be done on
certain platforms?)
In addition, I had to add
CPPFLAGS+= -I${LOCALBASE}/include/db2
Is this a bug in databases/db/buildlink3.mk?
This also made configure recognize I have db_185.h (CFLAGS did not do
for that particular test).
In order to later during compilation make db_185.h found I had to add
CFLAGS+= -I${LOCALBASE}/include/db2
(maybe because I use NO_EXPORT_CPP=YES in my /et/mk.conf?)

lang/python23/Makefile.common uses

# ensure that the bsddb185 module is built on all platforms
USE_DB185=      yes
.include "../../mk/bdb.buildlink3.mk"
MAKE_ENV+=      PY_BDB_TYPE=${BDB_TYPE}

Is this something the other python versions should also get?

Furthermore and probably unrelated, I had to add

.include "../../devel/zlib/buildlink3.mk"

I wonder whether this should or should not be implied by
security/openssl/buildlink3.mk, which had already been included.

--
Georg Schwarz    http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
 geos@epost.de     +49 177 8811442