Subject: Re: getting pkgsrc to PREFER_NATIVE
To: Anthony de Almeida Lopes <guerrilla_thought@gmx.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/16/2004 05:40:06
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Anthony de Almeida Lopes wrote:

> PREFER_NATIVE= perl
> PREFER_PKGSRC= no

PREFER_* is used by builtin.mk in the buildlink3.mk system.

You can not use it to choose the "perl" you want.

> i have the same version of perl that pkgsrc is trying into install but in
> /usr.
>
> i really don't pkgsrc duplicating packages i already have installed, is
> there another way to deal with this?

Sorry, we don't support using native perl as the pkgsrc perl.

This was discussed on tech-pkg in the "pkg_install/libnbcompat on OpenBSD"
thread in September 2003. (We need a pkgsrc FAQ.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/