Subject: Re: Complex software to package: some questions
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Thierry Laronde <tlaronde@polynum.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2004 20:31:12
Hello,

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 08:15:08PM +0200, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
>[..]
> So you should try the widely extended GNU autoconf/automake/libtool
> triplet (IMHO, ew).  Or even better, use a BSD alternative, Buildtool
> http://buildtool.sourceforge.net/ (being its author, I'm biased ;).
>
> If you use any of those in your distribution files, creating packages in
> pkgsrc will be very easy.

Well, since I do not like automake (KerGIS/GRASS is providing some
simple tools [and totally under my control] to generate basic i.e. POSIX
Makefiles) and since everything from source tree to licence is à la BSD,
I will give your buildtool a try ;)

Cheers,
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste)  <tlaronde@polynum.com>