Subject: Re: fixing PR 21511
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/07/2004 17:03:55
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > > any idea how to prevent the pkgsrc system to create a .pkgsrc file ?
> >
> > you need to remove ${MAILMAN_DATADIR}/qfiles from MAKE_DIRS_PERMS.
> > .pkgsrc is a mark left indicating the directory was created by pkgsrc.
> >
> > you can install it in post-install target and create a custom DEINSTALL
> > script snippet.
>
> Hum, I would need a INSTALL script too, for binary packages, isn't it ?
> Do you have an example package which does this ?

Maybe we can add a variable, so when defined the .pkgsrc file is not
created. (Or maybe a variable to define ".pkgsrc" and if not set then
don't use it.)

Have a look at mk/install/install where it creates .pkgsrc. And
mk/install/deinstall deletes it.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/