Subject: Re: location of html docs again (was Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/wm)
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/03/2004 14:44:37
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> What is interesting is that a few days ago, jlam did the opposite with
> the db3 and db4 packages. He moved from share/doc/db3 to
> share/doc/html/db3(which I don't prefer).

I suppose "ln -s /usr/share/doc/html /usr/share/doc" would be a
pre-installation aid.... ;-)

> Since we don't have a policy, I guess it is up to the MAINTAINER to make
> their own decision. (And in these cases, we don't have any specific
> MAINTAINER.)

How do we move from rough consensus to running Policy?  From what I saw,
the lengthy discussions showed most people don't like share/doc/html, some
don't care, and only a very few think it's an advantage.

--jkl